Tuesday 4 January 2011

illness

by Oli

I am currently suffering from some flu. This has made me deeply unhappy, particularly as it is beginning to affect my sleep.

Last night I dreamt that I was reading a book. The book was a relatively unworthy piece of pulp that I was reading, I assume, because little else was going on in dreamworld (all the dreamcinemas and dreambowling-alleys were shut for dreamChristmas). I woke up with a fever. In a panic, I convinced myself that I had to specify precisely when each character had begun to date their respective partner in the book, or else something bad would happen.

It soon became apparent that this task was impossible. The book's characters were all teenagers and were each dating EVERYONE. 

I eagerly anticipate a return to health and the safe return of monogamy to my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment